Learn the Basics of Linux
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Technical Overview (RH024) is a series of no-cost, on-demand, online videos that provide a technical introduction to Linux for IT professionals.
The videos will demonstrate basic practical techniques of Linux use and system administration tasks for professionals new to the operating system who are interested in preparing for further study. You will be introduced to why Linux and the open source development model is so important in today's computing environment. Note: You can view all videos or only the ones that interest you. There are no hands-on labs or course completion recognition associated with this course.
Audience for this course
IT leaders, administrators, engineers, architects, and anyone else seeking a high-level understanding of Linux.
Outline for this course
- Video 1. Why do IT professionals need experience with Linux?
- Video 2. Why does the open source development model matter?
- Video 3. What is a Linux distribution?
- Video 4. What is the shell and how is it used to control program?
- Video 5. What is the Linux kernel and what is user space?
- Video 6. Orientation to Linux graphic user interface
- Video 7. Files in Linux
- Video 8. The file system hierarchy
- Video 9. Editing text files in a terminal
- Video 10. Users and groups
- Video 11. File permissions
- Video 12. How do I manage software in Red Hat® Enterprise Linux?
- Video 13. How do I configure networking from the command line?
- Video 14. How do I control system start-up processes?
- Video 15. How do I learn more about Linux?